• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Multi-monitor with mixed ATi/NV - yes or no?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MadMan007

Magical Leopluridon Senior
Just curious if a multi-monitor setup will work with cards from two different companies. I wouldn't expect to get any kind of fancy desktop monitor-spanning or other things like that of course but would it work at all or do the drivers :argue: against each other?

I had a work computer which had it done... the only thing was you couldn't have the drivers on the PCI card (an NV card). So it should be able to work, but IMO it would be much better to use two of the same brand if possible.

Absolutely you can :)

I ran both 7600GS and x1300 in my a8n-sli board. Installed both ATI drivers and nVidia drivers.

Only 2 problems.

TV out wouldnt work on the 2nd video card, had to use the first (although dual monitors did work on the 2nd card)

Catalyst doesnt work unless ATI card is primary (I think) I might have fixed that but not 100% sure.

Previous to that I had a ATI AGP card, an ATI PCI card and a nVidia PCI all connected for a 5 monitor setup :) (was kinda lame really, one 17" CRT 3 15" crts and a 14" touchscreen LCD, would be much cooler all monitors same size.

Back