• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird intermittent Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Trap05

So every now and then when I reboot my PC in my sig the IDE LED flashes and I can hear it clicking and it just hangs there. If I push the reset 95% of the time it boots normally. Running the newest bios. Any ideas?

Things I've tried:

Different videocards
Different voltages
Tested/upgraded ram from 4 DDRII 533 Generic to 2 800 OCZ
Upgraded power supply from 450w Acepower to 600w Silverstone
New sata cable
Different HD for short time testing -No help:confused:

clicking isn't good as it's usually a hdd problem. check your power cables and everything else to make sure their tight. if everything looks good run the diagnostic software for the brand of hdd you are running.

OK but 2 separate known good HD's? Makes no sense to me. Also I'm fairly confident the click isn't actually coming from the HD itself anyway. Any other ideas?

ok try this :D your gonna love this one :D

take evrything out of your case and start all over .. told ya :)

Last edited:
I'm thinking it's either the case wiring or the motherboard at this point. I just (and I mean last week just) had an Epox/Amd setup in this case and it was fine. It must be the CPU or board causing it.

As I suspected it was the board. It died tonight. My sound cut out during CS. I tried to reboot and it was D-U-N. No beeps, cleared CMOS, pulled all cards, ram, etc, nothing. RIP P5ND2-SLI

Back