• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What voltage to multiply ATITool Amperage?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FatnSlo

Registered
Playing with the ATITool (.25 Beta 14) today with my X1900XT and saw that it said that the card was pulling 32.7amps. What does that make in total wattage used? 12V * 32.7A = 392 watts!!!?? That could not be correct is it? Is there a set voltage that I can multiply the amperage used to figure out the wattage being used? My Ultra Xifinity says that I have 2 12V rails with one at 16A and the other at 18A with a total of 384W for the 12V rail. Just trying to figure out if my PSU is limiting my OC ability

Intel Dual Core CE6600 2.4Ghz running at 3.3Ghz
2GB Corsair DDR2 800 C4 Mem
Zalman 9500 CPU cooler
MSI ATI X1900XT 692/783 Vid card
Asus P5B Deluxe M/B
SB Audigy S/C
2 SATA WD 80GB Caviars Raid 0
1 SATA WD 250GB Caviar storage
1 BENQ DVD
1 120mm fan
2 90mm fan
Ultra Xfinity 500W PSU

Thanks for digging up that post for me. I had done some searches, but the parameters I used never found those posts. Somewhat kicking myself because had a older system a few months ago and PSU crapped out. Since home PC is used for work boss offered to pay for new PSU. Picked the Ultra X-infinity in a hurry at Fry's not knowing I was going to be building a new PC system a month later. If I would have know I would have done my home work and gotten a free high quality PSU instead.

Still little confused on my Amp draw, According to the formula of 32.7A x 5v = 163.5W - 70w from PCI-E = ~93.5w I am still a little confused. According to Ultra, this PSU is rated at 384W for the 12v rail so that would make a maximum amp draw of 32amps. If this is correct, I am exceeding the maximum amperage available for this PSU.

Several people will say that all Ultra PSUs are of poor quality. And the older models are indeed units I'd stay clear of. However, the XFinity line is appearing to hold up well under loads (I have two with no problems). I would not recommend the X modular, at all.

GL

I went ahead and bought the Silverstone ST60F so I should not have to worry about my PSU anymore I hope. I assume the Silverstone ST60F is a decent PSU?

Back