• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E6300 Conroe @ Microcenter - $155

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OEMs usually aren't too bad. Especially if you're overclocking since you'l most likely go aftermarkter cooling anyway. Only problem is that sometimes specs are different as I found with one of the five 4400s I've owned ;-)

wow thanks .. just earlier this week i was feelin like goin c2d to replace my [email protected]..

If i do get this, ill be sure to lapp this sucker and throw it in my watercooled system hheehehe

i have an OEM e6600 from Tiger, its not a bad overclocker. its not the best, but its not bad.

for high end AIR and water cooling its fine. but if i was going maybe extreme cooling (dry ice/phase change) it might be better to get a stock one. but its fine for what my brother needed and wanted.

Is there some sort of difference between the OEM and retail versions of the Core 2 Duos? I thought the only difference was that the retail came in the retail package with the HSF.

Gregory_WE said:
Is there some sort of difference between the OEM and retail versions of the Core 2 Duos? I thought the only difference was that the retail came in the retail package with the HSF.
yes and warrenty is shorter.

bah who needs a warrentee.. install it correctly and run at stock speeds should last long time.. overclocking, well thats another story, you fawk it up its your fault =D

I just bought one of these at a microcenter near me on my way home, the deal is legit. Its also in store pickup only. So for me the total cost of the chip was $302 and some change after tax. This is also only the OEM version, which means it comes in a black, match box sized, container of mystery without a HSF. So for $20 more you can get the stock HSF and the full warrenty from the egg. The only reason I even bought this chip was so I could justify my budget build by saving $20 on a $320 chip. :beer: Also, you get a good feeling when the guy at the register says "congratulations on your new purchase" when he sees the coupon that you just used and is completely jelous because he just bought a AMD X2 a month ago for the same price.

Attachments

• PCDV0010.bmp
    78.6 KB · Views: 232
I was by my local microcenter the other day. I smiled prettily for the manager, and she hand picked a week 29 e6600 for me.

Unfortunately, you can't hand-pick oems, as you can see there is no batch code and you can't see the processor.

Early OEM's were earily week's (eairlier then early retails) there for didn't clock quite as well.

Who know's what week the new OEM's are, untill someone posts it up :p

Back