• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus a8n32-sli deluxe question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Two actually. the first one: whats with the four pin power connector right next to the 24pin mobo power (I saw something like this on another mobo, also sli. does it supply power the the second pcie slot or something?) its not the square one, thats in the corner. Two: if i get a couple chipset coolers for the north/south bridge, can I remove the heatsink right behind the usb ports and stuff? Is something that produces heat under there or is it just the current heatsink for the north/southbridge?

Q1: That provides 12V power for the mobo and is required. Often times refered to as a P4 connector. The molex 4 pin connector supplies 12v and 5v to the mobo. This helps with getting power to the PCI-E slots.

Q2: That is just a HS nothing is cooled under it.

The 4-pin molex is not required but may be helpful.

Why would you want to remove the heatpipe system?

Immortal: Have you removed or seen pics with the heatpipe radiator removed? I'm curious what's under there ...

well, consider this thread over. I got one because my liquid cooling system leaked, and aside from the alcahol trick it still wouldnt work (it was on while it leaked). Picked this up because I thought only my mobo got soaked, turns out the mobo was fine, and my vid card got killted (dont know why, yes it was the gpu waterblock, but it was on the bottom of the card and the leak was small enough that the gpu wasnt deprived of cooling), so I stuck my a8n-e back in, and got my $220 back.

Sorry to hear that. You gonna' buy a cheap card to ride out until the end of the year when the DX10s come out?

Thanks for the link, ochungry - I figured it looked something like that. I've seen a few ASUS boards that have the heatpipe radiator extend around the CPU to cover those top MOSFETs. Mine has a separate HS up there and, according to my remote sensors, stays slightly cooler than the heatpipes ...

probably not. Might just use laptop until then. I live in switzerland, and here theres no such thing as cheap pc parts. Theyre selling open box 8500s for the equivelent of $80. might just wait and get one of the new 8800s when they come out. I dont care, for the piece of junk my laptop is it still kicks a**

piece of junk?? your laptop rules, its just small,

yay this motherboard rocks, youll like it, i think they have enough info on this site about it to know what to do, its dropped about $50 since i got mine so you probably payed the same i did

I already returned the a8n-sli deluxe. back to using my a8n-e. no use having a $220 mobo if the old one is fine. Im not that concerned about having the best, cause its just gonna be out of date in a few months anyway.

Back