• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Update - Windows 98(Se)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

Even thou I can download that un-official service pack for Windows 98 can I still use Windows update to get any other updates needed. Even thou they've stopped support can it still be used to get older updates.

nahmus said:
I updated a win98 machine using windows update a few weeks ago. It seemed to work ok.

Same here. Everything is still on the site and will auto-update. Only thing is they will no longer add new things, but everything else is still fully functional.

Thanks guys just that I'm fixing an old K-6 550mhz PC and was going to install a fresh copy of Win98 on it. But didn't know if I could still use Win updates to get the fixes.

As far as I know they keep the updates up, for the people that have old systems, that usually came packaged with all the software, but it will only update to the point where they quit making updates for that particular OS. Other than that, there is no more tech support from M$, like it was really ever any help. Altogether you shouldn't have any problems using M$ update.

Back