• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thinking of putting my Case in my window

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

StangMan04

Registered
I put my case in my window last night and it hit around 28C at idle. But later it started getting cold in my room. Any ideas of how I could get the spaces in the window filled? The window is gonna be on top of the case and the sides have big spaces that I need to fill so I can do it.

i saw a couple of those. I prefer not to cut a hole in my window/wall. Oh well Maybe I can find some plywood and some insulation to seal the holes.

StangMan04 said:
i saw a couple of those. I prefer not to cut a hole in my window/wall. Oh well Maybe I can find some plywood and some insulation to seal the holes.

Yep, exactly like that. Go to your local hardware store, and just get like...hmm, what are they called...well I can describe it, sorta like for how Dryers expell their exhuast, just mounts in your open window, you close the window on top of that and use cardboard or whatever wood on the sides.

Precision said:
Ehhh.. link is broken :confused:

Well, aparently the Search here works in short sessions so...just go to Search, Titles Only, duct in the Cooling section and you get a huge list.

Just go to home depot and get like 4" dryer ducting and run it from your window to your computer. make sure though you have a fan blowing air through the hosing or otherwise it is pretty useless.

WonderingSoul said:
Just go to home depot and get like 4" dryer ducting and run it from your window to your computer. make sure though you have a fan blowing air through the hosing or otherwise it is pretty useless.
or just make your case semi airtight and set all the fans to exaust.

Back