• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Did Micron help with Lexar durability??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Uqdroma

I recently owned a 256MB Lexar Jump Drive that went dead on me. Since I had a 32MB generic that still is going strong, I decided to put Lexar on my personal blacklist. When I joined these forums, my fears were substantiated by numerous "dead flash" threads here at OC. I was wondering if anyone has recently purchased any Lexar media, now owned by Micron? And if so, does it seem like the quality has gone up since Micron took over, or should I keep them on my blacklist? Opinions are welcome from fanboys also. The reason I ask is that usually Lexar flash can be had even at the local retail level for alot cheaper than most. Aswell as the fact that they seem to be the only brand local "shelf" retailers put on sale weekly.

Hmm I have a few Lexar Jumpdrives, 128, 256 meg ones and they are older and run perfectly fine.

deathman20 said:
Hmm I have a few Lexar Jumpdrives, 128, 256 meg ones and they are older and run perfectly fine.

I figured I just got a lemon...it's just that out of 4 pen drives I've owned, it's the only one that quit on me, no notice or anything...lol I know they're not like HDD's so I didn't really expect a warning. But I figured the dang things would last a long time, so I got burned for a couple of txt docs. I did, however, love the rubberized coating on the Jump. Which is why I'm thinking of trying them again. Just for giggles the other three are PNY, Crucial and generic--not sure what chip it is. Lol, luckily the Jump was a gift.

Back