• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This is what you get for not flushing your rad between setups

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daddyjaxx

I was using some of Petra's Pentosin with my AMD setup, so I thought I'd go with red for my C2D setup. I thought I had all of the coolant out of the core, but I guess there was a lot trapped in there. Because going back to second grade, what do you get when you mix red and blue..... that's right kiddies, purple:

Now I have a girly loop..... :(

I also manged to kill my 7900GT. it probably happened because I put the tubing on with the block on the card. :bang head I usually use Primoflex and I used Clearflex this time. It doesn't go on quite as easy. Oh well..... 7950GT now. I would have gotten a 7900GS, but Fry's was out.

Actually, I think the purple looks pretty good. Its different. As for the VC, you must have really, really pushed hard on it for it to die. If it is under warranty, I wouldn't hesitate to send it back as it shouldn't have died on you. I have always put my hoses onto the card with the block already mounted and never had a problem, although i am careful to watch how much I am bending the card.

It's an eVGA...so lifetime warranty. I'll have to check my morals :) and think about RMA'ing it. It was a KO SC card. They have been know to suffer from SIDS.

This 7950 will probably be better anyway. I couldn't even run the last card at stock 580/1580. I could push the GPU to 715, but the memory would only do 1500. So...to get the same speeds I was getting out of that card I have to up the GPU 20 and memory 25 and I get 512mb memory. Too bad the 7900GS or 7900GTO wasn't available locally. Just paid off my CC too...dang it. :mad:

I'm still plugging away with a 6800gt until I can save up the cash to buy a new card. I've got to sell a couple of cases and some things to use towards that goal because as of late, I have been broke!

Now is a bad time to buy a new card seeing as the G80 cards should hit the market next month.

nice case...you should properly flush your rad between builds ( I mean vinegar soaks fro 6+ hours then flush then repeat.)

dont put any tubing on a ny block that is mounted, it will completely throw your block-mount off-whack and make for kaka-contact

Daddyjaxx said:
Not worried about the G80's. They'll be majorly expensive nothing will use them for a long time.

I just figure that the prices on the current cards will drop once the new ones are out.

Back