• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Therochill 120.3 question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SoBePmp

How much cooler temps will a Thermochill 120.3 give me than a 120.1 or 120.2? I have a Lian-Li pc61 midtower case and was thinking I would go with the 120.1 because it would fit in my case. I might be able to mount a 120.2 on the back with a Swiftech rad mount or a 120.3 on the right side if there was a significant drop in temps.

If you are cooling the parts in your sig (CPU & GPU), a 120.3 is probably not going to make any temp difference at all from a 120.2, but may make some difference from a 120.1. It is normally a better idea to go with a rad that is slightly larger than what you need for futureproofing and noise, hence as a general rule I would recommend a 120.2 over a 120.1, but depending on the fan you may find with those components that a 120.1 works just fine, particularly if you are just going to cool the CPU.

When you ask a general question like this, you need to specifiy what parts you are cooling or are planning on cooling.

voigts said:
If you are cooling the parts in your sig (CPU & GPU), a 120.3 is probably not going to make any temp difference at all from a 120.2, but may make some difference from a 120.1. It is normally a better idea to go with a rad that is slightly larger than what you need for futureproofing and noise, hence as a general rule I would recommend a 120.2 over a 120.1, but depending on the fan you may find with those components that a 120.1 works just fine, particularly if you are just going to cool the CPU.

When you ask a general question like this, you need to specifiy what parts you are cooling or are planning on cooling.
OK. I'm only going to cool the CPU so I guess I'll go with the 120.1

A PA120.1 will cool a CPU all day long. However, I personally would spend a few bucks more and go ahead and get a PA120.2 not because you need it now, but that way if you later upgrade your GPU and such you are futureproofing yourself. But that really is up to you.

I just got a thermochill PA120.3..... Is this enough for a CPU and two GPUs?

Do you guys think I should have gotten a HE120.3 instead??

No as HE120.3 is discontinued for a start, and was discontinued as it's outperformed by the PA Series with individual fans rated below 130cfm.

PA120.3 is as good as it gets.

wun911 said:
I just got a thermochill PA120.3..... Is this enough for a CPU and two GPUs?

Do you guys think I should have gotten a HE120.3 instead??
Do the calculations!

wun911 said:
calculations? What happens if you have a prescot that runs much hotter than a dual core?
There are curves available that will allow you to calculate how different rad will perform with different air/water flows. I'm sure you an find data similar to the attached for your proposed system.

Attachments

• Image6.jpg
    Image6.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 142
Back