• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Heatsink/Cooler for ATI x1900xt card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sektor

Was thinking of putting on a new cooler for my video card.

Anyone have any recommendations on a VGA cooler? I have never put on a VGA cooler, so this would be a first.

Since I bought a ThermalRight SI-128 Heatsink for my CPU, I was looking at their HR-03 cooler for VGA cards.

Any input and help, plus recommendations or ones to steer clear of is greatly aprpeciated.

Thanks,

Rattle said:
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=479957&highlight=thermalright

this is the vga cooler from heaven, only thing I am scared of is dropping $50 on it then having it not be compatible with the next card I buy.

Ahh, very cool. Thank you.

Didn't think about that, because I do plan on upgrading a card eventually.

Does anyone know what type of thermal grease is best for this? I am assuming that if I took off the default fan on the card, I would need to clean up the factory thermal grease on the GPU?

Just making sure I get all the facts.

Thanks

Actually, the more I think of it, I would prefer maybe a passive cooling solution, if possible.

Or maybe mount another fan or two inside my case (quiet, yet good fans) to blow on the heatsink?

Recommendations?

Ok, i've made up my mind. I am going with the ThermalRight HR-03.

My next question is, what type of fan would match up nicely on this? Want it to be pretty quiet, yet keep it cool.

What size as well?

For those that have installed this, on the website for the directions it mentions, "Unpeeling the back RAM heatsinks and stick them onto each RAM. For RAMs above the GPU, use the smaller (flat) version of the RAM heatsinks."

Is that referring to parts that come with the kit? Wasn't sure, so I wanted to ask.

Thanks.

Back