• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone playing FEAR Extraction point yet?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I finished it.

Spoilers contained within.

I liked the new weapons, though the minigun seemed to be bugged.

As for the story, there was virtually none and no decent ending. The only new thing it brought to the table was Alma seeming friendly at times.

I did like some of the visions, quite like those in the original Max Payne (which is a good thing).

The game frequently froze for up to 30 seconds for me though. It ran at a decent speed most of the time, just at some places it slowed down - no obvious reason, not as though they were massively complex or anything.

Thanks Anjow. Now please tell me you got 10 hours or more out of it.(Crossing fingers):) Or would I be better off dusting off Max Payne and replaying that?

I might have got 10 hours. I did feel it was a reasonable length for an expansion, just there wasn't that much story development in it. There are some decent scares in it too.

Finished it too, nice Epack imho, now i wanna play with the new lasergun and infinite ammo :)

Not overly scary (however i never found a single game to be scary...), lots of alma scenes, a few...
SPOILER

Patton fettel scenes

End Spoilers

No story at all, but still enjoyable.

Was that 10 hours on "Most Difficult"? It sounds good enough then to shell out the money. I'll take my time and stretch it out. Replaying the good parts. Poor Alma.:(

sounds pretty good...I'm gonna grab this soon. I liked FEAR enough to play through it twice plus some extra messing around here and there.

Just finished it, roughly 11 hrs on normal setting. Loved it. The 6 intervals of EP seemed to have more action packed into them than the 10 intervals in the original.

I think my only gripe would be is that you are left with even more unanswered questions at the end, than when you started. Biggest question that has me boggled ever since the original is...just what exactly is your role in all of this? 'Cause all the way through the original and EP the game has you failing your objectives (protecting "X" person). The only thing you succeed at is getting from point A to point B just to see another of your protected get dispatched in most grewsome ways imaginable. There are many others, might spoil it for those who aren't through yet...but would be nice to kick some "guesses" around when more are finished with the game.

Just going to have to wait for FEAR 2 I guess. :)

~cheers

Last edited:
I started playing at the difficult level, 5 hours later it got so boring that I switched it to easy just to finish it. It absolutely sucked. Which is a shame since the game is really good. It did also freeze at time, just by walking around.

Wow, is this an expansion pack? I just installed fear on my PC, and it's an amazing game :eek: I can't play with the lights out :eek:

I didn't play it on most difficult setting, if that's what you're asking.

Yeah thats what I was asking.:) I should get more play time at the harder setting. Maybe they evened it out though, I thought FEAR was too easy, even at the hardest setting, If you took the time to collect all the health and reflex boosters.

sHape oF gReY said:
I think my only gripe would be is that you are left with even more unanswered questions at the end, than when you started. Biggest question that has me boggled ever since the original is...just what exactly is your role in all of this? 'Cause all the way through the original and EP the game has you failing your objectives (protecting "X" person). The only thing you succeed at is getting from point A to point B just to see another of your protected get dispatched in most grewsome ways imaginable. There are many others, might spoil it for those who aren't through yet...but would be nice to kick some "guesses" around when more are finished with the game.

***Spoilers***

The story from Fear (I don't know about EP yet), is that you play the 2nd child of Alma, the brother of Fettel. You have a slight psychic ability, which is strong enough to thwart Alma's attempts to control you. Fettel, on the other hand, was too strong with his psychic abilities and could not control them, thus giving Alma the chance to control him. I thought that Fettel did not necessarily want to do all those things, but Alma made him do it, to get her revenge and set herself free.

There is a long background guide to this somewhere, which goes in good detail about the story. I still have not gotten past the first hour or so of the game since I'm having serious stability issues. The game really locks up when it autosaves too. I can't believe the performance issues I'm having when Fear ran so perfect before.:mad:

I'm currently playing it on the most difficult setting, and pure PWNING the AI.

Minigun > all.

The wall mountable machine guns are also sweet, and help out when going against a overwhelming force, sort of provides cover so you can flank.

I made some videos with FRAPS of me tearing it up. AVIVO converter rocks!

Repeating Rocket Launcher against boss on parking garage.
21.5MB http://rapidshare.com/files/1617732/FEARXP_2006-11-01_16-17-15-981.mpg

Minigun ownage, they didn't even see it coming!
10.9MB http://rapidshare.com/files/1617834/FEARXP_2006-10-31_20-43-32-850.mpg

The mingun makes the game worth it by itself.

I just got to the mounted machine gun stage, I haven't figured out the secret of where to place the turrets...the AI just blows them up and comes for me! Not a fan of the storyline so far, the whole, "It doesn't make sense," line in the beginning makes it painfully obvious the story is sterile.

I couldn't stop laughing. I thought that was an awesome way of explaining it though. "I know it doesn't make any sense. Then again, nothing really does anymore."

That sucks that the game still freezes at auto saves. It totally ruined the first game in a certain aspect... Like, whenever it autosaved, I knew it was about to get nasty. If it could manage to autosave seamlessly (LIKE EVERY OTHER GAME ON THE PLANET) it'd be a lot better and keep my attention on the game.

Back