• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Grinding D5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rysjimmy1994

Has anybody else had problems with their D5 Grinding? It sounds just like a bad bearing. The first time this happened, I ripped my rig apart to find that the impeller was rubbing on the housing. Well a month later, I got my rig back together, pulled that little ball out a bit more so it didnt grind anymore and threw her back in. Well I had it back together and running for a little more then 15 hours, and it started doing it again. Whats the deal here? I bought this pump on the forums and it was supposidly a few months old.

Rysjimmy1994 said:
Has anybody else had problems with their D5 Grinding? It sounds just like a bad bearing. The first time this happened, I ripped my rig apart to find that the impeller was rubbing on the housing. Well a month later, I got my rig back together, pulled that little ball out a bit more so it didnt grind anymore and threw her back in. Well I had it back together and running for a little more then 15 hours, and it started doing it again. Whats the deal here? I bought this pump on the forums and it was supposidly a few months old.

Run it dry at all? Sounds like the impeller isn't centering on the ceramic ball.

SolidxSnake has the idea. Most likely it's something misalligned in the pump, I would check to make sure everything is centered as it was before the grinding occured.

Yeah, Im going to try and find another one. I really hate to buy new, but I cant trust anybodys word anymore on how long they actually used something.

Rysjimmy1994 said:
Yeah, Im going to try and find another one. I really hate to buy new, but I cant trust anybodys word anymore on how long they actually used something.

Doesn't really mean it was used for years and years, it could have just been used improperly.

There's a D5 going in the classies for $50. ;)

I think I am going to run my C Systems pump for a while. I am going to take a step back and reconsider my wants and needs here. Im thinking about getting out of water cooling all together going back to air and possibly buying a mid level graphics card and calling this whole computer tweeking thing quits. Thanks for the heads up Solid

Back