• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good aftermarket cooler for the X1900XT?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am very happy with my Accelero X2. Its very very quiet and keeps the card cool. Not too fond of the fact it blows the hot air into the case, but I have plenty of airflow so not worried about that.

Yeah, that would probably be OK - I have it in a TT Armor which has some serious airflow. I like the Accelero X2 and the Zalman VF900 from what Ive seen - great cooling, quiet, and a low profile.

Awake77 said:
Yeah, that would probably be OK - I have it in a TT Armor which has some serious airflow. I like the Accelero X2 and the Zalman VF900 from what Ive seen - great cooling, quiet, and a low profile.
zalman vf 900 is inadequate for the 1900.

I say go with the v1 ultra or the hr-03.

hr-03 more expensive, but is the newest & the mounting system is the best. I haven't seen any conclusive proof that it's better than the v1 ultra though.

zalman vf 900 is inadequate for the 1900.

I say go with the v1 ultra or the hr-03.

hr-03 more expensive, but is the newest & the mounting system is the best. I haven't seen any conclusive proof that it's better than the v1 ultra though.

Is it? Aw man, I was looking forward to the low profile. No doubt those thermalright HS's are great but they're *huge*!! Its bad enough the stock fan eats up a Slot, these look like they're going for 2 at least....

Awake77 said:
Is it? Aw man, I was looking forward to the low profile. No doubt those thermalright HS's are great but they're *huge*!! Its bad enough the stock fan eats up a Slot, these look like they're going for 2 at least....

Trust me don't get it.

I started off with one, but was never able to really control the load temperatures unless I under volted the card. The heat sink is good at absorbing the heat from the GPU, but is inadequate at dispersing it because it's too small.

Back