• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling my CM Stacker

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

neo019

Hi all, i currently own a CM Stacker (STC-T01) and am soon going to receive an XSPC X2O kit.
I have seen good reviews of this kit and am quite sure that it's quite capable of cooling up to a certain extent.
I would like to hear from you guys what you would do in my situation to increase the capabilities of this kit.
What i'm thinking of right now is to add a 120.2 XSPC radiator, change the fans on both rads to aerocool extreme turbine fans (~89cfm @ 32dB) and add a chipset and vga block.
I would like your opinions on the relevant effect on flow rate and efficiency of the kit paired with these options along with any suggestions u may have (ex. should i place the rads after each other in the loop or not?)
As you can imagine space is not a problem in this case, i intend to place the 120.2 (120.3 if i mod) at the bottom of the case, still not sure if i'm to keep the 120.1 rad from the kit.
Tnx alot for your feedback!

*EDIT* : forgot to ask also, should i keep the kit's pump, will it be able to cope?

If you are going to replace all the parts of the kit why did you get a kit? Why not return the kit and buy a custom built system?

I guess u understood wrongly, i'm only planning on replacing the radiator with a far better 120.3 rad and add chipset and vga blocks. However i am not sure if the pump can take that load?
after doing some more research i found out that the ThermoChill PA120.3 is the one providing better cooling and so i'm willing to mod and put that at the bottom of the stacker.

that's exactly the reason why to upgrade, i'm gonna get it for free (and cannot change it).
So anyone can suggest how to increase the cooling potential of such a kit? ex. a 120.2 radiator @ bottom of stacker, keep all original elements of kit (including 120.1 rad) and add chipset and vga blocks?

Back