• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

free ram drive program?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SavageBasher

I looked around, and I couldnt find anything. I want to use 100-200 megs of my ram to store programs I use everyday, like mirc, ff, trillian, vpn client, etc.

I searched on google and only found links to actual ram drives, not any software.

NicePants42 said:
It also says that all data is lost when the PC is rebooted.

I'm not aware of any software that will allow one to use RAM as a solid state botable drive without any additional hardware. Quite frankly, I don't think it's possible.

SavageBasher said:
I want to use 100-200 megs of my ram to store programs I use everyday, like mirc, ff, trillian, vpn client, etc.

I just think what nicepants was trying to say was that unless your going to leave your rig on 24/7, its going to be annoying to have to reload the programs constantly. But hey, maybe thats what you want. want to uninstall a program just reboot :)

no, I just drag the files over from the hard drive to the ramdrive. takes maybe 30 seconds out of my life but I get instant loading in return. Plus this is on my laptop, which I rarely reboot, my main desktop has been going on 3 weeks, and my other one on 3 months.

freakdiablo said:
I just think what nicepants was trying to say was that unless your going to leave your rig on 24/7, its going to be annoying to have to reload the programs constantly.

Yup.

Back