• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SY-P4I865PE issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

terran2k

I have this board, when I try to boot off the winxp cd to install it. It'll only show a black screen, it'll say detecting system config, then go to a blank screen (monitor not going to standby, light is still green on it, not yellow) after that, this is where windows would normally say the Press f6 for additional drivers. any1 have a related issue?? this is with different video cards...it overclocks pretty well, I have a 2.4Ghz P4 running @ 3.06Ghz with 1.525v, although I think it'll be stable with default vcore. nice board, minor issues. Do you think the AGP port is bad??? how would i test??

Okay I narrowed it down alot. If i have a hard drive attached to my system...IDE or SCSI, it will not install windows XP, why???

okay nevermind, I figured it out, XP does not like harddrives with a linux partition

Last edited:
Back