• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory servers not refreshing??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Edward78

When I go to the ingame server browser the server list is empty even when I hit refresh, thinking a Extenal one would work I tried that & got the same thing.

Do you have a secondary way of getting a list of servers, such as using "ET Starter Pro"?

One thing I noticed is that you will see different servers online depending on if you have the update installed or not...

ET Starter Pro what is that? Well I pasted the latest patch game .exe onto the old one, that wouldn't do it would it? Also all seeing eye won't get the list also.

Edward78 said:
ET Starter Pro what is that?
Linky. Although there is at least one newer version as I use v0.9, so you may want to look around for it. It will allow you to search the list of active servers for ones you want and if you find one you're looking for you can use it to see who is playing in that server before launching the program.

eobard said:
Linky. Although there is at least one newer version as I use v0.9, so you may want to look around for it. It will allow you to search the list of active servers for ones you want and if you find one you're looking for you can use it to see who is playing in that server before launching the program.

I have the controls set up through a extenal prog. Is there any ingame browsers I can get?

I just tried playing the game... There are maybe 8 servers that pop up and I cant get any of them to work??? RRRgggh I'm gonne try and look for some sort of update!

The game is what, 4 years old. Are they still regularly updating it? I know that it was a pretty fun single player game. I wish that I could have played the multi, but dial up on 28.8 just wouldnt cut it lol. Good luck on finding a fix man.

a week ago i saw like 70 servers in the server list, last night it was 8. (but that could be because of intermittent network problems i've been having...)

i guess the point of this post is that - Yes, there SHOULD be a lot of servers showing up. consider reinstalling and properly patching. (also visit punkbuster's site and manually update punkbuster.)

Have you checked the filters in the server browser? I have mine set to exclude servers that are empty, full, password protected and ones that limit # of lives, and I still get a list of 150 servers (tried it just now).

I installed every updated patch available...and I still only see 8 servers. (None of them will connect either?)

One of the websites siad it was a problem with some new version of Punkbuster? So I went through the process of updating that as well and...NADA, nothing. It still dont work.

This is still probably the best FPS on the web as far as gameplay is concerned and I cant get this game to work now...ugh. =(

I tried from my home computer which is connected through a different ISP, and I got 347 servers.

Some things to check...

You may need install the ET Pro and shrup mods in order for those servers to show up.

Launch the game and open the server browser.

Hit shift+~ to bring up the console. It will tell you how many servers were found and how many were filtered out. Scroll up till you see the Punk Buster client info in blue text and see if they match mine.

Punkbuster client v1.279 | A0
Game Version 2.60 win-x86 Mar 10 2005

Same here, I've been playing the past few nights, as it started working again. (After me toiling at doing nothing to fix it.)

Some other problem, works now. =D

Deploy Mortar! - "howushotgun?"

funny story:

Yesterday, after downloading a map I thought it was still warmup so I did my customary "shoot the panzer at my feet in the middle of the spawn" and TK'd like 12 people...

and then I'm like "why am I not instantly respawning?"

and then I look at chat... oops...

admin: howyoushoot, don't do that again
admin: !maprestart

haha I love that...Or when somebody has a flamethrower and they burn (but not kill) all 12 people in the spawn so you get killed by the enemy after 1 shot.

I'm the last person to intentionally TK though. On a few servers that I spent a lot of time at, it became sort of a running joke to leave your friends a little grenade or satchel or dynamite present (or panzer :D ) but out-of-the-blue spawn tking or 'proper-he's-a-jerk-tking', totally not me.

It was pretty funny though, because apparently Siwa Oasis had JUST started, and I emptied the Axis spawn before anyone could leave.

Back