• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Some X1600 Pro questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cheator

Hey all. Got a nice X1600 pro from MSI. It seems to be a VERY powerful card but i have a few questions about it.

First, the fan is broken. I bought it used so i can't RMA it, but I was wondering what a good 3rd party cooler would be. I need something silent and something small (its on a MATX board). I wont be ocing it, just using it for my HTPC.

Also, do the X1xx series cards downclock when they get too hot?

Thanks guys!

well, dont know about the downclock thing, but alot of people here seem to be fans of the zalman vf900-cu. I have the version before that, the vf700-cu, and I like it.

Hey Cheator, I tried the vf700 on it before and it didnt fit with the supplied mounting...other wise I would have sent it also.

dunno about the vf900

Thanks guys, and good thing you told me crfracer! About the vf900 though, does it take up a pci slot? I wont be able to use it if so.

Back