• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got another borg!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vipersfate

Just got in my PIII 1Ghz in today! Installed windows, and set it to fold!

I need to get more tho! More cases and more comps to fold! Im getting there :D

Congrats on the borg. I just got my old PIII up and folding just a few short months ago. It is only an EB 866@988, I'm kinda worried about going any farther, although it is rock stable where it is at. I think I average anywhere from 40-55 PPD with it. I'm not much of a fan of Intel, but those Coppermines are very good cores. I am actually thinking about building another Intel system because of it.

I was just thinking. What would safe load temps be for this core? It looks like an easy oc'er

From the experience I have had with this particular core, it is a very easy overclocker. My load temp is normally anywhere between 38-40°, with a stock Barton HSF, and rock stable. I have seen lists online where people have pushed the 866 up to 1021, I just don't know if I want to try that. I also have it in an Asus CUSL2, which OC's like it owns Intel.

deadlysyn said:
From the experience I have had with this particular core, it is a very easy overclocker. My load temp is normally anywhere between 38-40°, with a stock Barton HSF, and rock stable. I have seen lists online where people have pushed the 866 up to 1021, I just don't know if I want to try that. I also have it in an Asus CUSL2, which OC's like it owns Intel.
Good to see you having fun with that CUSL2, that one sweet mother--board!

I'm lovin' all the new blood we've got flowin' in teh FOLD... kudos to the new guys and other OCF members who have stepped up for the cause! :beer:

thfoldon-1.gif

AlabamaCajun said:
Good to see you having fun with that CUSL2, that one sweet mother--board!
Thanks again AC. I'm thinking about trying to push it a bit farther. I have it at 152x6.5, with stock voltage, and she is stable as can be. I picked up a pair of 128 MB PC100's in the classies, and all the ram seems to be taking it well too.

Back