• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

tom and shuttle

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

badgers

has anyone read the review on tomshardware.com?
they slammed the shuttle.

The review indicated that the shuttle only has 133FSB option and nothing higher.

I was supprised by the review after reading what had been said here.

did tom get a bad board or is there really no FSB options

was it a shuttle AK31?

if so I have no idea where he came up with it only having 133FSB

Im getting my second shuttle AK31 board once I have enough money :)

I don't know what Tom Pabst was smoking that day, but he obviously wasn't seeing clearly!

I've had 3 Shuttles AK31's, 2 Rev-2's, and I'm using a Rev-3 right now. I can assure you that the FSB's go up to 166 in the bios, and I have run mine as high as 180mhz, using CPUFSB.

Chek my spex, and that will tell you what you can do with a Shuttle in the right hands, with a clear mind...........

Doctor

glad to see someone bring this up - had juz finished reading the article and came here to verify that the idget was wrong about the shuttle ak31 rev.3..............................was going to ask the same question but is answered...........my bro, who is a software engineer, has caught tom'sHW a few times pushing wrong info and emailed 'em about it - and had replies verifying they made a mistake...............so don't take what they say as god-send.........

so don't take what they say as god-send
I would never do that 'cause I'M GOD!!!:D :cool: :eek: :eek:

I have had problems with what they had written in the past.

I checked the price of the board they determined the winner on pricewatch and wow! 155 bucks delivered when I can get a shuttle for 95 bucks delivered.

If the shuttle only came with a SCSI built in!!!!!
I want a 15K rpm i want it, i want it, i want it, i want it, i want it, i want it, i want it, i want it, i want it, :mad:
thanks

badgers said:

I would never do that 'cause I'M GOD!!!:D :cool: :eek: :eek:

I have had problems with what they had written in the past.

I checked the price of the board they determined the winner on pricewatch and wow! 155 bucks delivered when I can get a shuttle for 95 bucks delivered.

If the shuttle only came with a SCSI built in!!!!!
I want a 15K rpm i want it, i want it, i want it, i want it, i want it, i want it, i want it, i want it, i want it, :mad:
thanks

Oh my GOD , take a look atthis.

:eek:

Doctor

uhh what am I looking at??? it has an IDE raid controller?

I want 15K RPM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

AK-35GTR
it a AK31 R 3.1 With Raid and UDMA 133 and 6.1 Sound

Want board AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
mHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNT

Back