• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus UNION CITY, CA?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DataCom

Registered
I am getting a replacement board from RMA but it is coming from Union City, Ca. not their repair center in KY. Do they have a repair facility in Union City? Would that be a new board from Union City?
anybody experience this before?

DataCom

Yes, they do. I drove straight to their facility and picked up the board, about 10 mins drive from my house. It was an old refurbished board though but it works until now.

Well that is the last Asus for me and allot of other people.
My original purchase was a new board not a refurb.:mad:
It is a pretty well know fact you take a chance when you buy a refurbed item.
Since the Asus refurbed boards on the market are priced lower they probably originate from the same place as the warranty replacement boards.

Then the truth of it is the Premium Price paid for an Asus board is really for the warranty not the Quality as no matter how new the board we had was we will end up with a refurb board when using the Asus warranty. So the same refurbed board they send us could have originally been purchased for 1/3 of the Premium Price we originally spent with no difference in Quality, just a shorter warranty. We should wise up.

Interesting?

Back