• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Obsolete before my parts arrive?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rasputin'sLiver

counselor of clock
I have my wish list at newegg but I just can't pull the trigger. I've got the 6300 selected but I'm DROOLING over 2mb more of cache ala 6600... my system plays anything I throw at it like a demon but I cant stand trailing all my buddies with their benchmarks. It's comp. building season, I've come to realize that over the years, that January usually brings cuts... do I go 6300 or wait for the 6600 to come down?

ARGGGHHHH ....I also wanna do sli and I already have one graphics card that supports it.... I have a feeling that 2 7600gt's would kick ***.... SO I'm wondering whats in the chipset rumor mill too since my understanding is the 975x doesn't officially support sli yet.

I don't want to be way behind the pack before the package from the egg arrives:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm torn b/t asus and abit as usual, but I have had some success with msi in the past... WHAT TO DO?

Rasputin'sLiver said:
my system plays anything I throw at it like a demon but I cant stand trailing all my buddies with their benchmarks.

Turn off signatures and don't worry about benchmarks. If your system plays anything you throw at it and that's what actually matter to you rather than 'playing benchmarks' then there's no real reason to upgrade now.

Intel traditionally has a price drop in November and again in February.

Supposedly with hacked drivers the Asus i975 boards will do SLI.

I would pass on any MSI mobo. Go with Asus or Abit. As much as I like Abit, if you want high FSB with the E6300 or E6400, you probably better get an Asus.

Any chipset that can do CF can do SLI with the hacked drivers, any card that that ver. of Forceware would normaly support (including the 7600gt but I have a feeling a single 7900 card would take them out) you just can't publish your scores on the ORB running those drivers, they are not approved (thats how the guy who cracked them likes it, his are approved)

Back