• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Conroe e6300 build advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quickstreek

Registered
New to overclocking but i have some grasp on whats going on. one thing that im having a little trouble with is memory. everything i read shoots everywhich way.

things decided so far list so far:
E6300 $180
GA-965P-DS3 $150

Looking for 1GB (2x512) that will allow me to get the E6300 to about 2.8 on air. seems i need ddr2 800 but i know there are power issues with this board. Looking to drop about 150 ish on mem if i can and remain stable. toss me some ideas. perhaps some newegg links if you can. i checked out a few n i want to see if your opinions match up. thanks

Quickstreek said:
New to overclocking but i have some grasp on whats going on. one thing that im having a little trouble with is memory. everything i read shoots everywhich way.

things decided so far list so far:
E6300 $180
GA-965P-DS3 $150

Looking for 1GB (2x512) that will allow me to get the E6300 to about 2.8 on air. seems i need ddr2 800 but i know there are power issues with this board. Looking to drop about 150 ish on mem if i can and remain stable. toss me some ideas. perhaps some newegg links if you can. i checked out a few n i want to see if your opinions match up. thanks

There are no power issues with this board. It will handle any memory power requirement on the market, and is a much more power stable board then all of the competitors. Its a great board for the money and the chip. I would say that you posted this question in the wrong forum, and should of gone with the Memory Section.

With that said, I recommend buying Corsair or Kingston memory that is on the list. 800mhz only, nothing slower, and 8500c5 will cost more then 2x your processor.

Last edited:
GreenJelly said:
There are no power issues with this board. It will handle any memory power requirement on the market, and is a much more power stable board then all of the competitors. Its a great board for the money and the chip. I would say that you posted this question in the wrong forum, and should of gone with the Memory Section.

With that said, I recommend buying Corsair or Kingston memory that is on the list. 800mhz only, nothing slower, and 8500c5 will cost more then 2x your processor.

although there is nothing wrong with the ds3, i use it for budget conroe builds alot, to say "its more stable then all fo the competitors" is a big steaming pile....

Last edited:
Rattle said:
although there is nothing wrong with the ds3, i use it for budget conroe builds alot, to say "its more stable then all fo the competitors" is a big steaming pile....

Yeah, and what... your going to point to a Asus product... maybe the p5b?

Sure if you spend more money you will get a better product. In such a case I would recommend the Gigabyte DQ6

Asus is garbage, and their lowend motherboards are complete crap.

Back