• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

windows startup loop... need HELP!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bboyfobulous

this is actually for a friend of mine... he just normally shuts off his computer one day. and the next day when he turns it on it give him the "you comp was improperly shut down...yada yada" "please select how to startup " or something like that ... this comes after the comp WAS shut down properly...

nothing had changed in the comp and has been working fine for about a year..

but the windows screen with the scrolling blue bar thing will come up...and then the system restarts itself... it does this over and over again, hence the loop..

i changed out his SATA cables... cuz that's what happened to me b4...and changing them fixed the problem... but nothing seems to work... I down clock'ed everything to stock ...and still nothing

any suggestions appreciated

Definitely do chkdsk /r before you do anything else. Then, if that doesn't work, let us know so we can better help you.

get into bios and set it to run in [fail safe] settings i did that and took 1 stick of memory out and got windows to load over the top just to get the wifes files out then did a complete reformat and install and the pc works great now and still overclocks to 4g

Back