• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Joeteck

Retired
This is now an AMD video card forum...

So now that ATI is gone.... Who will be the first to buy an AMD video card?

Also, When are we going to change here...from ATI to AMD.

to visit AMD's video cards, click here

I get your point, but afaik they will still be labeled as "ATI" so there is no need to change the forum name.

Ati is basically a division of AMD now... if you have a better name for this section I'd like to hear.

Shell said:
Ati is basically a division of AMD now... if you have a better name for this section I'd like to hear.

MAD-IT or

DAMIT, as we have read or

TIMAD

Come to think of it, so was 3DFX with Nvidia, and where is that name??

It's still ATI Joeteck. This thread is just a pointless post count raise thread.

You know Albertson's grocery stores? They were sold to TrueValue (and a couple other companies) but the stores are still named Albertsons. Just like AMD's video cards are still considered the brand name ATI.

I would like if this section became DAAMIT. :D
Alas, there will be no name change. AMD has decided to keep it (A good choice).

If the cards are called ATi the forum is called ATi. Ze end.

David said:
If the cards are called ATi the forum is called ATi. Ze end.

But as a whole ATI's trade name (ATYT) has gone by-by.

My ATI stock is now AMD. So in a sence, ATI is gone....

Joeteck said:
But as a whole ATI's trade name (ATYT) has gone by-by.

My ATI stock is now AMD. So in a sence, ATI is gone....

But the brand name is still ATi. Hence, the ATi subforum. If the cards get rebadged as AMD XT2055XTGEPZYR RS ZUPERDUPER etc then we may consider changing the forum name. For now, it's pointless.

David said:
But the brand name is still ATi. Hence, the ATi subforum. If the cards get rebadged as AMD XT2055XTGEPZYR RS ZUPERDUPER etc then we may consider changing the forum name. For now, it's pointless.

Looks like its going to be sooner than you think!

Aye...that link is very old.
Originally, it had looked like AMD was to drop the name. But they kept it.
If you come across anything recent let us know.

Back