• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gears of War out tomorrow (shipped today) anyone?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC Noob

EDIT: It looks like Cliffy B didn't let us down. I was worried about it because of how awful Unreal 2 was, but here are some early reviews:

From IGN's what they said:

IGN.com 11/07/06 9.4 /10 9.4
GameSpot 11/07/06 9.6 /10 9.6 I know this is = to the highest score they've ever given a game like RE4 and a couple of others.
1UP.com 11/07/06 10 /10 10.0
Yahoo! Video Games 11/07/06 5 /5 10.0

Now I am VERY excited. The co-op via live (split screen too) should be sweet too.

I can't freakin wait. This game looks like quake, mixed with Ghost Recon:AW, mixed with a CNN news cast.

And the first Unreal 3 engine game to boot.

Hopefully we will see some reviews soon.

Whos getting it?!?!?!

ps it even has the first really cool Xbox comercial I've ever seen, too bad its so short. It needs to be more like 60 seconds.

Last edited:
I have mine pre-ordered at EB Games :rolleyes:

LOL

Can't wait to play it tomorrow. With this game and Halo 3 coming, Xbox360 is taking the crown in this console war.

This game makes me want to buy a 360. Think I may hold out till next year when Halo 3 is a little closer... but dammit, I wanna play GoW! :p

Hey guys check out gametrailers.com, they have a GoW video blowout :drool:

Man, I can't wait till tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS OC Noob are you sure it's out tomorrow? Cause I don't want to take another day off for nothing.

Looks like a great game, been watching it for awhile since I'm a big fan of the Unreal Engine and franchise. I also think I'll be waiting on it, the main reason is I don't have a 360 and no plans on getting one just yet. Bought a Xbox and all it does is collect dust.

MS and Epic have definitely put the money into the marketing department for this game. I see ads online and on TV daily.

I remember watching a CliffyB (I cant stand the guy, but..) and he was explaining some of the game, sounded like a lot of thought went into it, not just like another fps. He also said the learning curve would be a little steep at first, I'm curious to see how that plays out.

Overall though I think it will be one hot game. Have fun playing it guys :).

Thanks CB.

I know the pre-orders come in tomorrow at my EB, but call your EB because I also read something on another site that talked about the 12th of this month.

I'm thinking they released this game now hoping it will take a little fizz away from the PS3 launch, it might very well do so.

Also, those that get the game keep us updated, I'm curious to know how the learning curve is for this game that Cliff mentioned.

YellowDart said:
This game makes me want to buy a 360. Think I may hold out till next year when Halo 3 is a little closer... but dammit, I wanna play GoW! :p
I hear that, every time i see the commercial for Gears of War I almost go out and buy a 360....but i got to hold out, i want a PS3 more than anything :drool:

sixtyninthfox said:
I hear that, every time i see the commercial for Gears of War I almost go out and buy a 360....but i got to hold out, i want a PS3 more than anything :drool:
So you're willing to pay an extra $200 for a console that's %1 more powerful and a Blu-Ray plaver?
After getting a 360, I have less regrets after reading up on the PS3's specs.

And now I want to blow my money on tons of 360 exclusive titles. :p

Gahh... must wait... or mabe... I can freeze myself until the game comes out. ~ South Park reference.

I really hope this comes out for PC in the next 6 months, the gameplay looks tight.

I was gonna say that gametrailers is going GoW crazy. This game looked good...I was more excited by Lost Planet....after reading the reviews and seeing newer gameplay....buying a 360 was only a matter of time...but that time is shrinking rapidly, can't wait to see how Bluedragon turns out, and the ability to download TV and movie HD content....awesome!

Springbok said:
I really hope this comes out for PC in the next 6 months, the gameplay looks tight.

Probably take 1-2 years before its considered to come to PC.

All console ports take at least that long. Well maybe except GTA. But Halo 2 will hit the PC this coming year, and that was like 2 years.

Added note on topic, GoW looks very sweet and would be one of my number 1 picks besides Mass Effect, Lost Planet, Halo 3, Forza 2 for X360 when I get it. So far, unless Wii is a true bust when I try it, I'll be holding off on the X360 til later so hopfully more games and toys will be added to this console when the time does come that I buy it hopfully when I get an HDTV, if Wii is a bust oh well I'll get it and at least I can enjoy it on my 24" panel in high def hehe.

I heard it was originally going to come out on 360/PC but then not so much PC...Then completely ignoring PC all together and saying that was just a rumor! Xbox 360 only title so who knows. I still want a 360 when the new year comes, I am holding out for the revision.

Shell said:
So you're willing to pay an extra $200 for a console that's %1 more powerful and a Blu-Ray plaver?
After getting a 360, I have less regrets after reading up on the PS3's specs.

You are saying that PS3 is 1% more powerful then 360 based on which facts?

Just a Blu-Ray player itself is worth more then $200 and not counting in that M$ didn't include next gen media player in their console and is now selling HD-DVD player for 360 at $200 :rolleyes:

Forgive me for hijacking this thread, but I'm just sick of people giving PS3 a bad name based on BS facts!

RedDragonXXX said:

Just a Blu-Ray player itself is worth more then $200 and not counting in that M$ didn't include next gen media player in their console and is now selling HD-DVD player for 360 at $200 :rolleyes:

Forgive me for hijacking this thread, but I'm just sick of people giving PS3 a bad name based on BS facts!
+1 :beer:ps3 will be a powerful system just wait and see. just wish i had money to buy one but now that dx 10 cards are coming out tomorrow i have to start saving for them

RedDragonXXX said:

Out of pure speculation, I would say the PS3 is about 5-10% faster in hardware wise, but slower in load times. To be honest, I am looking forward to the PS3, but definatly not right now, Sony always seems to have problems at launch/first gens, and I will stay away and watch what happens.

As for GoW, it was the original reason I wanted to get a 360, so I will be getting one in about a month or so, and definatly down the road get Mass Effect, Lost Planet, and Bioshock (maybe get that on PC, I will have to see) and many other great 360 games.

Either way, I am pro gaming :D

Here's a question I'd like answered. How come a thread regarding a game of the calibre of Gears of War is reduced to the beginnings of a console fanboy fight?

Can't you guys discuss this game and not bring up an opposing console for once?!

Just stick to the game.

Oni said:
Here's a question I'd like answered. How come a thread regarding a game of the calibre of Gears of War is reduced to the beginnings of a console fanboy fight?

I've got that answer for you, and you may be surprised at the simplicity of it.

It is because people are not perfect, and they like to express their opinion on certain subjects. Areas for expressing these opinions are numerous, one of them being an internet forum, or message board. This is one of those.

I hope I have brought some closure to you, as you now possess the answer you so desire.

Hmmm... Maybe, I should have pre-ordered this one. Oh well, I'll just have to rush around to the stores after work to try and pick this up. Looks awesome.

Didn't I read somewhere that between now and the 14th that there was going to be a 24hr live marathon and the person with the highest score at the end would win a trip to Vegas?

Wait... I just realized this game has.. omfg... Co-Op!! I'm so getting it now. I don't care much for racing games... but finally a Co-Op game!

Back