• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Safest overclock on a E6300 & Gigabyte DS3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

einstein2

What is the safest overclock on a E6300? The board i've purchased is a DS3 and its arriving in a few days time and would like some recommendations on a good overclock, enough so it dont burn out lol :D I was thinking 2.5Ghz :D

P.S I,ll be running air cooling

im running 458x7 with 1.4v no sweat :) loads just under 50 in these cooler temps :beer:

edit: no need for 1.4v, i just needed to give my ram some extra luvin, volts are at 1.375, and even then im not sure if it even needs that much.

Last edited:
Just about any O/C that uses default or low vcore and does not have high temps will be perfectly safe. Certainly, 400 FSB (2.8 gig) is a no brainer. If you have decent cooling and good components, you can probably go higher.

Probably can do 365 FSB with default vcore. My buddy has an E6300 and runs at 400 FSB with only one vcore bump above default. He got it a couple of months ago. Some of the newest E6300 CPUs O/C even better.

Yeah, you have to understand that these new chips are EXTREMELY resiliant. I have one of the lucky chips with 1.275 VID. So I'm currently hitting 3ghz at 1.3v I could probably even do that at 1.275... I just like having it higher :)

yeah what they said,

2.8 is common on stock vcore, i dislike stock coolers, but at that speed a 50 buck cooler pays for it self many times over, get something like a ninja plus with something like a PWM fan from JMC to install before u even build the pc, to save the trouble of pulling the mobo and clean up when your not happy with the stook cooler, cause you wont be.

Im trying to hit 500 FSB, like HBB and if a newbie guy like me can hit 3.2 simple an easy so can you!

Last edited:
e6300 hit 3.5 ghz with only 1.38 volt fsb 500 stock cooler(idle 40c load under 60c) pairing with gigabyte ds3 f7 bios
corsair xms pc6400 2.2v cl 5-5-5-12...anyone with anyluck hitting more than fsb 500 guys???

Back