• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ViewSonic VX1935wm 19" widescreen...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Scant7

I was browsing Costco's website for LCD monitors, had already looked at newegg and wasn't really satisfied with any of them. My pick from the egg would probably be the ViewSonic VA1912wb Black 19" 5ms Widescreen for $214, but I found the ViewSonic VX1935wm at Costco for $199. It must be a new product because there aren't any reviews for it yet, and I think zipzoomfly just got it in, though they are selling it for something like $270. Does anyone know anything about this monitor?

I have the 22" version of this monitor (VX2235wm) that I purchased from Costco about 2 weeks ago... Costco had a $50 instant rebate in their October mailer for it that brought the price down to $299. For the price, I think that it is pretty hard to beat the quality of this display. Colors are very sharp and the 700:1 contrast ratio provides a bright picture. Also, I have been playing a bit of BF2 & 2142 on it with zero ghosting.

I did scope out the VX1935wm while I was in the store as well. Based on the information from Viewsonic's website, $199 is the MSRP on this display. I have to _assume_ that these two displays will be very similar given that they most likely use the same electronics (Besides the resolution of course).

I am not sure that the coupon is still valid on the VX2235wm, but that is definitely the better deal at $100 below MSRP. They have been removed from the Costco website, but are still available in my local store as of lastnight.

I know this probably does not answer your question, but hopefully it helps somewhat.

Thanks for the reply, I am going to Costco today to check it out. Congrats on your purchase, unfortunetely my price limit is the 200 mark or I would investigate that as well.

digitalmerc said:
I have to _assume_ that these two displays will be very similar given that they most likely use the same electronics (Besides the resolution of course).

Making assumptions about monitors based on the label name and model line is never a safe thing to do. Image quality is very dependent upon the panel used which isn't always consistent across sizes in a model line. Some brands even switch panels willy-nilly while keeping the same exact model number. It's one of the real hassles about LCD shopping unfortunately :( so getting a look at one in person or buying from a place with a good return policy is best.

Looks like a 6bit TN panel. Definitely not the same panel that the very well-liked VX2025wm uses. I expect it to be about the same as the va1912wm.

Back