• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much for this Dell?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crfracer290

I am trying to talk my parents into ditching their dell and me building them a new computer for twice the same price we sell it for...

Dimension E510
3Ghz P4 with HTT
1GB PC4200 Ram
Ati x1300 passive cooling
7200rpm 160gb hdd
400W dell PSU
Dell keyboard and mouse

How much you think I could get on ebay for this sucker?

Last edited:
Not sure what you're trying to do.... you think you can build a better computer only using the money from selling that one? There are brand new E510's on eBay going for $400 shipped. So you'll probably only get $300-350 shipped for it leaving you with $250-300 to spend. Which isn't going to get you a better computer without pitching in at least another $250.

No I know I would have to spend some more money, I think I worded it wrong.

I was thinking of building them a 6300 rig.

This is crazy, we payed like 1200 for this new. :(

crfracer290 said:
No I know I would have to spend some more money, I think I worded it wrong.

I was thinking of building them a 6300 rig.

This is crazy, we payed like 1200 for this new. :(
thats called technological advancement :)

And why would you want to spend money to upgrade? That is still a really nice machine but if you want to sell it the 300-350 shipped is an accurate quote. I still think you should keep it though, oh and make sure you fold for Team32 on it ;)

Yeah its already folding for us!

But my parents are all saying that they payed good money for this last Christmas and why is it obsolete. I figured get 300 for, add 300 and build them a decent e6300 rig. Idk, maybe they will let me keep it and just start from scratch. It would make a nice server

Back