• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Was mounting tuniq tower and of all thing, the screw broke!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mikep7779

I was just nearing the end of my tower installation, putting in the last brass screw to secure the heatsink to the back bracket when i hear a pop, and the top of the screw is in my hand -_-.

that really sucks, you can order thumbscrews at alot of places online, I just installed mine tonight and thankfully none of mine broke.

they arent normal screws eh? I wouldent know what to look for... i really hope that they will just send me out the one screw, i lapped the heatsink and all.... would suck if i had to RMA it.

Rattle said:
that really sucks, you can order thumbscrews at alot of places online, I just installed mine tonight and thankfully none of mine broke.

where would that be? any links?

mike, does it look something like this:

IMG_0202.jpg

i got a head come off when i was taking mine off to re-sit.

who do you think we better contact for a replacement, the store or the company?

Thanks for the heads up on those screws. I just ordered my Tuniq Tower yesterday, so now I know to be real careful with those screws. :)

From the pic you can tell that the post was a press fit into the head, so to fix it you could epoxy the head back on. (use a metal epoxy)
I would recommend using a 24 hr cure epoxy for strength.

if the hole in the head is too small for the shaft to fit....you could heat the head and freeze the pole, then put it together.

RIG RIDER said:
From the pic you can tell that the post was a press fit into the head, so to fix it you could epoxy the head back on. (use a metal epoxy)
I would recommend using a 24 hr cure epoxy for strength.

Will that hold it?

Back