• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core2duo overclocks and sli

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MonsterMash666

soo how many people have tried over clocking thier cpu with a stock fan... lol

how much can a Core2Duo e6400 be overclocked with a stock fan... well i've got a perfect asus p5n-sli to overclock it with ive just got to do it and find out but i think il buy a spare cpu and a new better fan..

also is there any point to buyin DX9 gpu's if DX10 is availible and are they sli capable like some of there predicessors.. i'm currently using a single nvidia geforce 7600gt and thinkin about either a second or 2 7900gtx's for sli

How much potetional overclocking is there in a c2d e6400.. :confused: and what sort of memory should i be using at present im usin 2gb at 533mhz with timings 4,4,4,4:4: 31 i think thats good

Welcome to the Forums MonsterMash666 :D

Some users have reported 3.0ghz+ on a E6400 with good cooling, As someone else said on here, you can proberly reach 2.8ghz on stock cooling. Im running at 2.5ghz 365Mhz FSB on my E6300 and its damn fast!. I'm also using DDR2 533mhz my timings are 4,4,4,4,12 i think.

Depending on what applications your going to use, I would stick to DX9 until DX 10 is released and its properly going etc. I've still got a 6 series card, which i will upgrade in the future but for now i just upgraded the processor and Motherboard :D and does the job perfectly :D.

Back