• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon XP-M + Abit NF7-S 2.0 + VapoLi

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Molester

Well, this post will be updated with results.

Welcome to my long awaited results thread. Blood, sweat, tears, and 1 dead DFI Lanparty NF2 Ultra-B.

Hardware
AMD Athlon XP-M 2500+ 0343 MPMW
Abit NF7-S 2.0 (D26 Black Manaray CPC ON)
Sapphire Radeon X800GTO(unlocked to 16pp)
Corsair XMS PC3500 2x256mb BH5
Maxtor 80gb 7,200rpm ATA133
Antec TruePower 480w

Hardware to be updated as new components arrive and results are achieved using them.

Well, only a teaser today my good friends ;)

couple of pics, in order: the unit, the inspector, the evap(frosty), and the assembled system

friday 11/10/2006
Not my fastest time, but my highest SuperPi 32M stable speed EVER! Just getting started really.
I now also realize I didn't set the 2nd cpu-z to the memory tab, my bad. Timings are 11-2-2-2.0 of course.

click to enlarge, and then click to enlarge more ;)

Last edited:
man thats crazy, i thought you moved away from socket a :)

good luck with that man, heres to 3ghz, :beer:

my m2500 an nf7-s was good for 2750 with 2.25, the board never posted again when i tried for 2800 :(

that was a fun system to play with

more than anything, i'm just happy to have my pc running again, been on an HP pentium3 pos for too long

at work right now, running first long test, making sure there's no condensation leak over a 24 hour period...

That's crazy for SocketA,

Why does your L2 Cache show as 64K? Also what type of mods and cooling do you have on the Mobo?

Clock it up!
bryan d

i dunno why it says 64kb L2, lol it's 512kb

mobo is all stock(except bios, which could be why l2 reads wrong, i'll check it out), only phase on cpu, and Arctic Cooling Silencer AT5 on vid card

hmm, starting to wonder if my L2 got thrashed at some point....I dunno...

oh well, i've got a 2400+ mobile on it's way ;)

:eek:

*slaps self to make sure hes see it*

Nice work man, do you think maybe the subzero temps are cutting of the cache?

i'll have to find out at a later time....when the new processer gets in, or if i decide to test my tbred-b 2700+ or 1800+ DLT3C, i'll slap on an air cooler real quick and see...but that won't be till i max this out, too much fun

i've also updated to latest cpu-z, central brain identification, and 3 other bios', still says 64...

well, just checked with my friend, who has same setup(xp-m 2500+ 0343mpmw, jinu-built 'vapoli', etc....), only difference is he still has a working dfi lanparty nf2 ultra-b, and his too shows 64kb L2, so I guess it is the cold....

any ideas on how to get around this??

Just how cold are your temps? Im not familur with vapos or phase in general, but could you possibly bring your temps up enough to stop the cold bugging?

well, to raise the temps would require work on the phase, which I don't know anywhere near what would be considered enough to do that myself...

I might be able to use a plate between the core and the head of the evap

temps show in the G Froster panel in first post, -36c, that's idle and loads about -34c, set to 2v vcore in bios

i can go up to 2.3v in bios, but cpu dosn't seem to like any voltage over 2.075v setting...yet at least

I love my two 2500M chips, both hit 2.96 and 2.93Ghz on my water set-up. Abit nf7, only thing holding me back was my memory, it has Geil Ultra 3200. I still have one of these chips running on air for 4 year now at 2.6. I might have to put in my pc4400XMS pro and see if she does any better.

good job:thup:

hehe, sorry for the hold up on results, marriage and work limit my o/c time...

plus, i haven't had my machine to game on for some 6 months now, so i've been trying to catch up on my q3 :D

this weekend, expect the 2700+ and 1800+ DLT3C results

Back