• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX57 watts in standby?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

billb

Anyone know how many watts an FX57 draws in standby?

I'm wondering if I can also shut off my pumps and fans in standby.
Maybe just leave a 1048 running?

Attachments

• Layout schematic ALL.jpg
    Layout schematic ALL.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 160
You could always try just the one pump and watch the temps ... see if they go too high?

David said:
You could always try just the one pump and watch the temps ... see if they go too high?
How do I "watch the temps" in standby? I currently use ASUS ProbeII and Core Temp to monitor CPU temps, but I can't get either to run in standby mode. I can monitor water temps, as I have a temp sensor in the loop, but that isn't very representative of the actual CPU temp, especially with the pumps and fans off.

(There is a great opportunity for another type of reply here....I am trying to be nice though.)

Last edited:
Solved...Speedfan will continue to record temps during standby.

Water temps drop to ambient with the fans off, CPU seems to also...more testing.

billb said:
o...more testing.
All pumps and fans off, standby for 10 min. Temps are dropping!
Since I use one PSU to power the MOBO, Video Cards, and drives only, and another for everything else this is an excellent solution for me. Standby and power down!

Attachments

• Image14.jpg
    Image14.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 117
Just an update.......
I've been using standby (sometimes for days at a time) with WC (pumps and fans) turned off.
No ill effects. After a few hours of standby, on power up, the water, GPUs and CPU are at ambient.

Very interesting. Saves alot of ware and tare and electricity too.

Last edited:
Back