• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X2 3800+ Toledo core

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MameXP

Can someone link me to overclocking results of this chip? Apparently its Toledo with 512kb cache disabled.

I'm just wondering if its a good overclocker. Any links to mods/overclocking is appreciated.

I was given a very good deal on 2 CPUs: A64 3700+ San Diego and X2 3800+ Toledo. Which one you guys would pick?

Btw, probably noone here would remember me. But i've been away for such a long time now i'm lost with all these AM2, X2, ..... etc. I'm always an AMD fan tho.

:D
Nice to see you all again, let the fun returns!!!!

Welcome back!! The 3700+ sandy will clock higher and may even hit 3ghz if properly cooled and if it's agood stepping, the X2 3800 would be better multitasking and might still overclock decently, I owned a x2 4400 and found that since I don't do much that takes advantage of the dual core that my FX55 feels faster and overclocks easily to 3ghz.

Nver mind me today gotta read better =)
But like stated above the 3700+ will prob clock higher but if you plan on keeping this pc for a while you should get hte x2 as it will be better @ multitasking and better for the new games that will use the second core

Hi Milkman, nice to see you again. :)

I dont do much gaming, just occasionally. This will be my personal desktop which will be doing some multi-tasks occasionally as well. So i'm leaning towards the Toledo.

My concern is that it seems very few ppl have the X2 3800+ Toledo. I'm surprised theres 3800+ Toledo. I thought they only offer that core in 4200+ , and 4400+ range. Thro my search, its got 512 L2 cache disabled hence rated at 3800+.

Btw, it will be cooled by water.

Any more inputs? I decided to take both chips and test them. But it would be interesting to see if anyone here got the same chip as mine.

Also enabling extra cache is possible?

Weird Toledo core with just 512kb L2 cache :/

freakdiablo said:
i think most of the x2 s939 are toledo cores. had a 4800 and a 4400, both toledo. thats why most x2s OC to within about 300mhz of eachother.
The X2 3800+ is mostly a Manchester chip but IIRC earlier on they released it with a Toledo core aswell.

MameXP said:
^^^ NICE, so have you found anything about enable the extra cache?

The 3800+ has 1mb L2 cache tho.
Sorry as for as i know there isnt anyway of doing this.But I do know a few people who have had both (X2's with 512 and 1024 cache)and they say you really wont notice a performance hit because of the lower cache

undr0atH said:
Hi all this is my very first post, yay! :bday:
:welcome: to the forums!

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I'm running my 3800+ X2 toledo as a 4900+
there's no such model, but may we infer that you mean you're running at 2.5GHz (since the X2 4800+ is at 2.4GHz, and the 5000+ is at 2.6GHz)?

^^^ Thats abit lower than i expected. I'm still testing my 3700+, so far at STOCK voltage its perfectly stable at 2750 mhz

With X2 3800+, i'm expecting to clock the same. remember mine is Toledo core tho, not sure which core is yours

Not bad for a stock vcore OC.

I have to drop about 250 mhz @ stock or more...

my 4400+ likes the volts I run @ 1.58 for 2.75 it just wont go prime stable any higher than that :bang head :bang head . I would be happy if i can find some way to get the extra 50mhz but so far no luck . ( I think it might be my mb holding me back but who knows it is prob the chip. )

LOL I have the same problem with anything above 284x10.

I just wanted 2.85-2.9 and I think I tried everyway possible and it's still a no go.

Back