• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Guitar Hero II

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr. Roboto

OK, so who has it?

My roomates and I beat it on expert in about 24 hours. Not straight, mind you, we had homework to do the night it came out, and classes the next day haha.

BUT, all of us were kind of dissapointed with the song selection. There are some great songs on there, but there seem to be some pretty bad ones too. I just feel the song selection in the original was better.

Here's a pic by the way of the final screen:
n1815128_31683947_3330.jpg

is everything about the GH2 guitar controller the SAME EXACT thing as the first? could i just buy a used GH1 controller and it be all the same?

EvilCloudStrife said:
is everything about the GH2 guitar controller the SAME EXACT thing as the first? could i just buy a used GH1 controller and it be all the same?

Yes Its the same except for the color of it.

I like the song selection of GH2 a lot but I GH has had so much time to grow on me that it will take a while for the GH2 to truely shine. Samething happened to me with DDR2 Max, it was my first DDR and I played the hell out of it and just love all the songs for that reason.

EvilCloudStrife said:

There is a wireless controller out there that only workds for GH1, so make sure if you are getting a wireless and want GHII that you don't get that one. It is the original wireless guitar for GH1.

Atleast thats what an EB guy told me when I almost bought it and GHII, so take it with a grain or a truck load of salt.

There is a subtle difference, in my option, with the GHII controller. The buttons are raised up more, and don't need to be pushed in as much, so it's easier to play. On my GHI controller, the buttons practically go into the guitar when pressed. Also, the whammy bar has much more resistance, which i like too.

OC Noob said:
There is a wireless controller out there that only workds for GH1, so make sure if you are getting a wireless and want GHII that you don't get that one. It is the original wireless guitar for GH1.

Atleast thats what an EB guy told me when I almost bought it and GHII, so take it with a grain or a truck load of salt.

you are talking about the "tac freedom flyting v" its wireless and works with gh1 but not 2. however red octane made a wireless guitar fro gh2. its white and black and KIND looks like an explorer.

screw it, heres the pic:
adux_1922_280762.jpg

acutally i dont know what the heck it looks like. i think its kinda gay lookin, but oh well. i like the flying v better, but i here its not quite up the the quality of the sg controller.

no, the 360 one looks like this:
GuitarHeroX-PlorerController-thumb.jpg

and here is my cat frank the tank rocking out on guitar hero 1:
frankguitar.jpg

he can 5 star cowboys from hell on expert, but hes afraid of bark at the moon

Back