• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anno 1701 - (1701 AD.)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sjaak

Oh glory oh jubileee - tis finally here, after like, a decade since 1602 they finally bring out a worthy successor (1503 really wanst IMO) and man...it looks goood.

The goal is again to colonize islands, build cities, lead them to wealth and then crush all opposition - easy as pie :)

screenshot0006.jpg

screenshot0005.jpg

screenshot0004.jpg

screenshot0007.jpg

Image one...my small town atm, church and houses in foreground, far away in the background my warehouse, harbour and woodcutters.
Image two..Same village, different perspective.
Image Three..Sheep farm, weaver and market (used to produce wool and cloth)
Image four...My harbour, warehouse, small shipyard and two fishing huts (produce food)

I've been a big fan of 1602 and played it even recently (released in 1997!), and this feels much more of a beautiful 3d remake with loads of extended and reworked features then 1503 was. Every once in awhile i just sit back and watch my town thrive :p Good thing is also that there is a proper LAN, internet and direct-IP multiplayer option included, with loads of different settings per game.

Last edited:
Ooo sweettt. looks like stronghold..but better.. must get.. MUST.

should beable to get it today.. my dad is off work, and he owes enough money i could build a new computer with 2 8800gtx's ... but i am not that mean..

I forgot to mention it barely runs on my x800xt, 2Gb ram and 2.6Ghz dothan...(thats 1280x1024 high options)

this game SUCKS resources xD but then again the polygon count in some scenes is just insane

Sjaak said:
I forgot to mention it barely runs on my x800xt, 2Gb ram and 2.6Ghz dothan...(thats 1280x1024 high options)

this game SUCKS resources xD but then again the polygon count in some scenes is just insane

O.. thanks.. (wonders for his computer.. and talks to it* Well.. 6600gt, your getting a upgrade* ) .. maybe il get a 8600 when it comes out..

BUMP In the name of a beautiful, fun, and slightly addicting game that has really good looking water.

I played the demo... and I'm now buying the game... when I find it... I think EB may get it in some time.

It's been a while since I've found a good RTS of this nature.

Good thing is multipayer works flawless - have played numerous multi-hour games now without any problems (besides some lag).

MP games take long - expect 2 hrs at least.

I've put about 10 hours into this game and I must say I really enjoy it. However, I'm having a hard time as the game progresses, making money. I think I just need to figure out the trading better?

My machine handles it just fine @ 1680x1050 with details on max too, very nice looking game.

Yeah, moneymaking is hard. Build ALOT of houses, optimise your trading routes with the natives and of course your production. At a certain point (for me it was merchants) youll suddenly start making ALOT of cash.

ATM ive got nearly 4000 aristocrats, am overproducing everything and still making 1800+

yeah the game looks great, but isnt too demanding on video. it ran fine when I ran it with my 7600GT @ 1650x1050. I've been playing it off and on for a few days now. Im getting used to the play mechanics of this game. I am trying to expand as soon as I can right off the start, putting colonies on whatever island I find with decent resources.

Last edited:
:-O DANG that looks nice... Maybe just what I've been pining for.... Been sorta depressed about lack of pleasent games, too much run around shoot crap :)

I'm alittle fuzzy on the industry in this game, for example, I'm not trading/selling any of the alcohol produced on my main island, but I can never seem to get more than 1 or 2 in stock before it goes back to 0?

I have literally have 6 or 7 sugarcane farms, with 3 or 4 distilleries, shouldn't that be enough to feed 1100ish citizens with beer and still have some left to trade, or no?

How many Market's does one need? I find I'm putting a lot up and upgrading them alot as my supplies don't seem to move from place to place very quickly.

so is this game like sim city where you build up a city and it just keeps getting bigger/better ect or is it more like an RTS with city building elements as a focus and then after an hour or 2 you win and then the games over and you can play a new game?

Falcon-K said:
so is this game like sim city where you build up a city and it just keeps getting bigger/better ect or is it more like an RTS with city building elements as a focus and then after an hour or 2 you win and then the games over and you can play a new game?

The RTS part. You colonise an island, build up a city (nothing happens on its own), trade / war with other players and decide yourself when you want to quit (most games are of the ''continuous'' type)

And chambers, yeah, it takes ALOT of resources to build a succesfull town - i'd say expand your industry a little more :)

For detailed info on statistics, see here: http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?t=12712 I'm Sokratesz on that forum.

Back