• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gametrailers get's Wii, it's small

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Damn, I'd have the money... but I don't know what my parents would think if I bought a new console, after having put more than 500 bucks in my system a month ago!

dan

yeah I'm tempted to try and get one at launch....part of me says yes and part of me says no....I have ALOT of unfinished games for the consoles I already own...and I wanted to see some reviews....but when it launches if I wait and everyone is saying how awesome it is...and it sells out and I have to wait until after xmas I will be mad at myself. decisions decisions :confused:

so whats the final word on DVD playback....can Wii do it?

blueswitch said:
yeah I'm tempted to try and get one at launch....part of me says yes and part of me says no....I have ALOT of unfinished games for the consoles I already own...and I wanted to see some reviews....but when it launches if I wait and everyone is saying how awesome it is...and it sells out and I have to wait until after xmas I will be mad at myself. decisions decisions :confused:

so whats the final word on DVD playback....can Wii do it?

Nope. No DVD playback.

But seriously, if you don't have a standalone DVD player by now, something's messed up. Get a PC or something :D

I honestly find that thing's slot drive very impressive, it's the first one to ever accept 5 and 3 inch disks if I'm not mistaken.

It does looks damn small, and the music made that video kinda "epic".

SolidxSnake said:
Nope. No DVD playback.

But seriously, if you don't have a standalone DVD player by now, something's messed up. Get a PC or something :D

of course I do have a standalone but it's nice to consolidate devices since i'm looking at my TV with a Dreamcast, xbox, ps2, and gamecube hooked up.

zexmarquies01 said:
the japanese version supports DVD playback, but america isn't getting the DVD playback function.

The Japanese version does not support DVD playback yet. It will in a future revision, but not at release. There are no plans to add support for DVD playback in future versions of the North American Wii.

Back