• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

epox 8kha+ the best bet in mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spazzkid

is the epox 8kha+ the best mobo sporting the famous kt266a chipset? im planning on getting one soon. for price per perfomance value i think it wud be my best bet. wut do u guys think?

yea. the 8kha+ has lots of good reviews... but seems like other guys here within the forum has problems with it. i wont be overclocking it for a while... and im planning to go for a generic PSU for the meantime... would that cause problems?

Yep the 8KHA+ is definitely the best buy, especially in our area. Tried checking other DDR boards in Manila and found out that its the only KT266A board around. Next best thing would be an Epox 8K7A/+ which is based on AMD's 760 chipset.

Got one a month ago and its still doing wonders for me. No problems (yet hehe).:cool:

stay away

i installed my second board last night. the first one died after the first week. the new board ran fine. i shut it down last night. i ran it this morning. no problems. shut it down. got home from work nine hours later. the piece of crap will not start. get an abit or asus. i wish i never heard of epox. should be more like esux.

spoke in haste

spoke in haste

I have to apologize for my rash statement but this board has been bugging me. I swapped in the psu from my wife pIII 1 gig. It’s a 3-year-old 250-watt generic. The damn thing booted right up. I put the antec $60.00 psu (1 year old) into my wife’s pIII and it booted right up. What gives? The antec was rated for the AMD.

Here is what im running

1 gig t-bird (waiting for a vantec heatsink/fan setup to OC it)
768 ram of DDR
Epox 8kha+
Gforce 2 gts pro 64 meg video
SB Audigy sound (awesome!)
30 gig WD 7200 udma 100 HD
52x CD-ROM
8x DVD-ROM

The first board I had was indeed a lemon but this one is up and running so I will have to wait and see. The board has gotten great reviews all over the place. Hope I luck out too!

Soooo......power supply recommendations?

seems like theres alot of epox fans in here. i think i wud go epox... its pretty cheap compared to an abit or an asus... oh and dont 4get that hot hot kt266a chipset!

I changed from Iwill kk-266 to Epox 8kha+, actually both are highly performing boards. I change mainly due to hand itchy.

No complain / problem at all. No booting, rebooting issue. No PSU hassle also. (lucky ?)

But generally I find that win98 give better OC than WinXP.

Highest Oc records:

Duron 800@1133 (8.5x133), not stable at all
Duron 800@1066 (8x133), very stable

Now running at 1015 (7x145), everything is fine and not as hot as 1066.

Tried run at 1065 (7.5x142) not too stable, dunno why.

Remember to enable WPCRSET to cool your cpu temp once you get all the software installed, that is a very useful tools. My cpu temp droppred from 43 idle to 35'c.

Epox generally makes great mobo;s but the 8hka+ has shown to be very unstable and unable to overclock very well and is considered to be a rather big dissapointment in this respect, wait for the Abit KR7 or SOYO dragon+ if you want a great rock solid mobo that can overclock nicely with the KT266A chipset. But stay away from the Epox on this chipset(KT266a)

The EPOX board is about P5,000.00 in Manila & the KR7A-RAID is P6,850.00 not a big price difference so it's up to you. The problems with the EPOX were just with the BIOS chip, a physical problem that has been taken cared of in the new shipment coming in Jan.

Back