• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First review of the Abit KR7A RAID

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

r0ckstarbob

not that i'm a big poster of links, but for those of you curious as to the specs of this board, this is the first in depth review i've seen. they weren't able to unlock the XP chip they have so weren't able to really get at it and overclock it like i was interested in, but they punch the FSB to 166 with no trouble and then provide the benchmarks. so far it's outstripping everything on the market. sometimes not by much, but still...

check it out

http://www.ocworkbench.com/hardware/abit/kr7araid/kr7araidp1.htm

heh heh - i'm getting one next month. 155 bones? chure, i'll swallow...

Last edited:
Interesting article. Thanks for the link.

I've been waiting since June for a ddr board. Yeah there have been quite a few releases but when VIA's 266a chipset started beating the AMD 760 chipset, I figured I'd wait a while longer.

I'd love to wait just a bit more for the Abit kr7a- Raid, but since it IS an Abit board and is supposed to be released this week to next week, I figure it's probably closer to Christmas and decided to go with the Asus board instead. The A7V266-E .

Newegg has it for $161 dollars.

Now newegg did have the kr7 Raid for around the same price. It was an auto notify thing. Then they pulled it and now it's back. Only (if memory serves me) for around $188. I notice also that it's on the rise for a few other sites that have it listed.....

Asus is usually the one with the *ahem* high price. I think not in this case.

Back