• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this a good idea?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

13oots2

I see a lot of questions about completion times. How about a table of our machines and average WU completion times. I know that another team site does this, but we have quite a large membership now. Perhaps we could even standardise the WU to get a better idea of times. Lets promote our TEAM, I'm proud of it, lets make it the best going. WE CAN DO IT.
If I get enough responses, I am happy to collect the results. Would someone be happy to do the Web pages if it takes off?

That's a great idea. We can be Team Lambchop worst nightmare. We can begin with putting an average from the computers.....say you have run SETI in one computer for more than one week without any improvements or tweaks, make an average of your WU time, and post your lowest time (not counting corrupted WU), average and maximum. That way when someones ask "Is my WU time right?" you can point them to the data we have collected.

If we can contact Skip we could lend the Overclockers CPU data interface and someone with more knoledge of Java and HTML change it to work for this kind of data.

Thought I would be general about the competition, no names mentioned. Thanks for the thumbs up on the idea, it was there for the copying LOL.

Not a bad idea, especially since team lamb chop is no longer accepting benchmark results.

You definitely need a specific benchmark WU to run the times against. Even similar AR WUs can have wildly different times.

You also need some way to verify the results because wildly overclocked machines can spout gibberish. Run the WU a couple of times on non-oc'd machines to get a "good result" to compare submitted results against.

I've thought about this kind of setup. I've seen what some other web sites have done and wondered about using something similar ourselves. I have a friend who programs and he just made a database driven member roster for his EQ guild. It even has a web edit add-on. He could adapt it for our needs if we wanted. It might be nice if we could make it worth his time.

If anyone is interested in this possibility post here and I'll ask him about some details.

Cy

Somebody with a fast machine should run the "standard" WU a few times underclocked to give the team a comparison result file so they can check if their results are accurate.

Anybody got suggestions for the AR we should use? I would think it should be the normal AR, but I don't know what that is. 0.4xx? I seem to get those more than any other... Mainly 0.417.

JigPu

Back