• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any way of making my own DVD copy protection

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AMD4P4SwithFSB

Can I copy protect dvds that I create so no one can copy them? I'm sure they have to be non standards so they are harder to uncrypt maybe?

Well if you will be able to create it... somebody will be able to copy it :) I guess to see what way you can go it would help to understand what type of data you trying to protect and where it will be used.

Depends on how far you want to go. I'm sure there is some way to prevent casual copying, but if the movie industy can't come up with a fool-proof copy-protection system then I'm guessing your options are limited.

I tried to find some Info and Google, only found one bit of information. I guess the deal with copy-protected DVD's is that they have 2064 bytes per sector. (Mode 7) Our DVD burners can only do 2048 bytes per sector, the other 16 bytes is already handled for us. Not to mention the special CSS info.

If you're trying to do this as a casual user you may be out of luck. Any way I can find requires some money to get a master disc created.

Back