• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

forcing IE to use large text

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm not sure if this will help but if the text is too small you can hold ctrl and scroll the mouse wheel to increase/decrease the size of text.

Also on the desktop try going to display properties>settings>advanced>general and adjust the DPI. This should adjust all fonts in Windows and some icons too.

It may be that the pages have the font size specified in terms of px, so IE won't resize them (if I remember correctly). You could try a different browser, I believe firefox can resize all text.

Without knowing which version of IE you're running, I'll assume it's IE6. If the IE | View | Text Size setting doesn't stick, and you're using Eudora 4.2 or greater, then use Tools | Options | Viewing Mail and uncheck "Use Microsoft's Viewer". In this case it's Eudora that's setting the IE text size, and unchecking the above option will stop it. The registry key that Eudora 4.x will change is...

HKEY_CURRENT_USER | Software | Microsoft | Internet Explorer | International | Scripts | 3

IEFontSize=hex:02,00,00,00

If you're running Outlook 2000 or greater... OL | Tools | Options | "Mail Format" tab | "Fonts" button | "International Fonts" button. In the "Fonts" dialog that opens, change the "Font Size" entry to your desired size (for example "Medium", under Western European).

Last edited:
Back