• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

if any ones interested in e6300 oc on ds9 and gigabyte ds3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

reboot

some of you know, I wasn't breaking 460x7 ....

i've ordered a new power supply so, very soon I will know if 450 watts wasnt enough.

The new gigabyte bios is supposed to come out this wed. Its suppsed to fix the problem. but there is also supposed to be a resistor thats bad. http://forums.anandtech.com/message...yword=&STARTPAGE=30&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear

Just to be safe, I called Newegg for a rma refund. 1 Day after the 30 day period, and I was prepared to be told they would not, but they did.
:thup:

I need to shop around for a new board, just in case the psu and/or the new bios don't solve the problem.

any idea whats the best board, and/or what board will not crap out at less then 525 or so?

your best shot at 525fsb is a p5b-dlx (and it is NOT a given). but really, i've seen more than a few ds3's doing those speeds as well.

Last edited:
further info,

i saw someone quote the online gigabyte support response, and to sum up it said intell QST, which controls mobo fan speeds, is a limiting factor when overclocking...

if thats true, its not the answer to my problem, with QST on or off i am still having trouble getting 475.

new psu and f8 bios are comming soom :)

and That evga board has no refund just replacement, i think if it comes to it ill get the asus.

Back