• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Confused - too much choice, help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neural Net

Well I'm looking to buy a new graphics card as soon as possible, but I'm having trouble deciding what to get. I basically have 3 choices, but I have no idea which is the best performing one, so can anyone point me in the right direction?

The choices are:
Sapphire ATI Radeon X1900 XT 256MB
Sapphire X1950Pro
Connect 3D ATI Radeon X1800XT 512Mb

I know the x1900 GPU is faster, but the X1800 does have more memory, so which is the best choice? Also, how do these cards compare to a 7900GTO (512MB)? Really need help on this, thanks!

What's your budget? The newegg price for the x1950xt is the same the x1900xt (which is out of stock)... I haven't seen any review for the x1950xt yet, but I did read a rumor of up to 12% gains from the x1900xt (which is hard to believe). Just thought I'd give you another option.

Out of the three you listed the x1900xt is the best, it does better in all circumstances than the x1950pro by just a bit. Let me see if I can find a review with all three cards in it for you.

Burdman27911 said:
What's your budget? The newegg price for the x1950xt is the same the x1900xt (which is out of stock)... I haven't seen any review for the x1950xt yet, but I did read a rumor of up to 12% gains from the x1900xt (which is hard to believe). Just thought I'd give you another option.

Out of the three you listed the x1900xt is the best, it does better in all circumstances than the x1950pro by just a bit. Let me see if I can find a review with all three cards in it for you.

My budget is about £170, so that roughly equates to $320, but that's only going off the exchange rate. Also, I've noticed the 7900GTO is a 512MB card with a core comparable to the X1900 GPU, I haven't been able to find the X1950XT over here and none of the ATi offerings offer a 512MB card with a X1900 core for a similar price to the GTO. Looks as though it's going to be a nVidia card for me, although I've often preferred ATi cards. :shrug:

Sorry, I only saw you were UK after I posted. So far it's hard to find reviews with both the 1950pro and the 7900gto, infact I haven't seen anything with the gto comparison. Do you know how the 7900gto stacks up to the GS and the GT?

Here is a page that has some FEAR specs, that might interest you. I'll keep looking, and maybe see what I can find for the UK.

PS - The 7900GTO seems to be less than the x1900xt from a quick look.

Burdman27911 said:
Sorry, I only saw you were UK after I posted. So far it's hard to find reviews with both the 1950pro and the 7900gto, infact I haven't seen anything with the gto comparison. Do you know how the 7900gto stacks up to the GS and the GT?

Here is a page that has some FEAR specs, that might interest you. I'll keep looking, and maybe see what I can find for the UK.

Thanks man! :D Interesting benchmarks, the 7900GTO can reach 7900GTX speeds pretty easily, so that was the benchmark I was most interested in. Annoyingly enough all the X1900 cards in the UK available with 512MB of memory cost upwards of $350! More than I can afford. :(

Back