• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to use RivaTuner to overclock past the TEST settings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

leojharris

how do you disable the internal rivatuner frequency tests that dictate how high you can set your overclock?

i hate having to leave the decision regarding how high i can clock my card up to riva tuners internal mechanism.

using a 7900gt with the 1.5volt mod and i can't get past 691/852.

thanks.

leojharris said:
how do you disable the internal rivatuner frequency tests that dictate how high you can set your overclock?

i hate having to leave the decision regarding how high i can clock my card up to riva tuners internal mechanism.

thanks.

Power user/overclocking-global. Right click and click the yellow lightbulb.

What kind of cooling do you have?

nvidiaOCmaster said:
Power user/overclocking-global. Right click and click the yellow lightbulb.

What kind of cooling do you have?

cooling is air .. a vantec iceberq 6.

as far as air goes and tests thus far ... a *huge* improvement over the stock cooler.

thanks for the tip.

do you know any good links to volt modifying the memory settings?

I was womdering how to do that as well, but I'm still not sure what to do. What is this yellow light bulb you speak of? Look at the pic below; am I in the right section?

Riva1.jpg

the_cultie said:
I was womdering how to do that as well, but I'm still not sure what to do. What is this yellow light bulb you speak of? Look at the pic below; am I in the right section?

Riva1.jpg

yeah ... it's still a bit confusing.

what you do is <RIGHT CLICK> the line beneath the global overclocking header that reads "disable clocktest" ... when you right click this, you'll get a popup that lets you select the lightbulb the fellow mentions above.

with this disabled, i'm up to around 710 with acceptable heat; anything higher and it just runs to hot.

leojharris said:

thanks.

1.5v on air? Damn son. What are your temps?

WonderingSoul said:
1.5v on air? Damn son. What are your temps?

with ambients of 25C:

idle: 42
load: 64 to 65

load generally obtained after hour or more of half life counterstrike: source.

before installing the iceberq 6 cooler ... my stock card at stock overclock of around 580/850 would hit 70+ on a regular basis ....

after the 1.5vmod and running at 700/850 with an iceberq 6 cooler, i've got better temps than a stock overclock and totally artifact free. (i had light 'snow' artifacts when playing half life 2 at the stock cooling/overclock settings)

leojharris said:
with ambients of 25C:

idle: 42
load: 64 to 65

load generally obtained after hour or more of half life counterstrike: source.

before installing the iceberq 6 cooler ... my stock card at stock overclock of around 580/850 would hit 70+ on a regular basis ....

after the 1.5vmod and running at 700/850 with an iceberq 6 cooler, i've got better temps than a stock overclock and totally artifact free. (i had light 'snow' artifacts when playing half life 2 at the stock cooling/overclock settings)

CS:S is not a graphically intensive program, you should ideally test with 3DMark06 or HDRLive.

WonderingSoul said:
CS:S is not a graphically intensive program, you should ideally test with 3DMark06 or HDRLive.

i've tested with both; strangely ... after playing cs:s for an hour or so, i get temp spikes much higher than HDRLive (much) and only a few ticks higher than 3DMark06 ... it may be the sustained use over the momentary test ... dunno.

i really haven't been able to get HDRLive to generate much heat ... may have a bad setting somewhere.

thanks .

WonderingSoul said:

can you give me a link to HDRLive that you mention? I was thinking of another HDR test suite ...

thanks .

leojharris said:
can you give me a link to HDRLive that you mention? I was thinking of another HDR test suite ...

thanks .

I can't find the link I found it, but I can send you the install files if you PM me your email.

Back