• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

When is the ps3 launch date?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

n0aH

I know it is the 17th which is a friday, but does that mean 12:01 on friday morning?

PS its a walmart im going to

The launch date is Friday, November 17 2006. Weather or not a store will be open at 12:00 AM on the 17th is up to the store or local laws.

You could always just hang out at the 24hr stores like Wal-Mart, but I think all stores pretty much having a lottery or pre-order system, so no guarantees anywhere, unless you're on the top 10 list for a pre-order somewhere.

With the shipment cuts, I just heard from my local source that the Walmarts in the OKC metro are getting 2 each.

On the upside most of them are getting nearly 30 wiiiiiiis. Ill go up a few hours before midnight and try to snag one, but I just can't afford the ps3 yet. Maybe once ffxiii hits.

when i read the title i was about to say what cave were you living in lol....
depends on what store. I know that the Game Stop in SoFla is regular time if im not mistaken.

If you have a best buy that is opening at midnight, forget it with out a doubt every single one of those already has a massive line. The one here is already camped out rofl. Go to a non midnight launch store, they have a policy of no lining up untill 8AM Thurs.

well i know the local best buy will open at normal on friday and sell it then and wont do a midnight sale.

A Wal Mart Assistant Manager told me as of today that they will let people get in line tomorrow at 7am (24 hour stores), using a seating situation, the number of seats is the number of consoles they will have available, at 12:01 they can begin purchasing them. No seat, no PS3. This guy said it would be done in the layaway department.

Back