• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This doesn't make sense...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
From the design, my initial thought would be that since its all focused towards the CPU, its supposed to have a superior amount of cooling, as opposed to heat sinks and whatnot with a straight through design, that does not focus the air, and will likely lose efficiency.

Ive seen these online before. believe they are more cosmetic then effective, but never seen one in action so what do i know?

yeah, i was going to say- looks like theres a fan in there.

I would assume that means that when the fan dies you need to replace the entire heatsink. Also means you cant install a quieter fan... what a silly design!

The performance is horrible for a heatsink in that price range. It seems to be aimed more at an uneducated buyer more willing to show off some bling through his side-window.

I agree, its for the ricer of the PC world. Just like the moron with a bookshelf, neons, and missleading noss stickers on his civic. Or just about anyone who is into drifting, if it wernt for the cheap suspension upgrades thier dollars get me, i'd dislike them too.

OK rant over. I do say that it does look silly though.

Back