• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Catalyst 6.11 available

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sweet, I hope they fixed my tab out from guild wars issue.

edit: nope.

Joining a game has good graphics, tabbing out and tabbing back in causes mipmap detail to go from very high, to very low, and disabled aniostropic filtering. Did not happen with Cat 6.8 Betas that came on the CD with my x1950. Happened with Cat 6.10, and now 6.11. I have to use ATT to reset my graphic settings with a hot key when I'm in game. :/

Last edited:
where are the WDM Drivers only installation =[ i dont use ccc so i usually just download display drivers and the WDM Drivers. :'(

Can't you just download the package and choose advanced install and uncheck catalyst control center and keep display drivers+wdm?

After playing on these for a while it seems that my frames are a LOT higher than with 6.10. I mean it really does feel smooth, but I have graphical anomolies. (spelling error there? oh well). In guild wars when things used to slowly appear in the distance and come into quality gradually, now start out looking like they are in the distance, flicker, turn into a black square, then when you get closer, the object appears. When you stand still everything looks normal, it's just black boxes in the distance appearing on mountains and stuff while you run. I'm going back to the drivers on my CD, cause I'm sick of these issues. Go modified 6.8's for my x1950xtx. SIGH.

Has anyone tried this "Software" Corssfire support??? I'm wondering if this will actually allow me to run my Crossfire setup on my monitor without any issues....

are these drivers compatible with x1950 pro? I ask because 6.10 didn't work, but the 6.9 drivers that came with the cd did.

So, is the latest release compatible with x1950 pro?

Merlin7777 said:
are these drivers compatible with x1950 pro? I ask because 6.10 didn't work, but the 6.9 drivers that came with the cd did.

So, is the latest release compatible with x1950 pro?

AMD Desktop product family support
The Catalyst® software suite is designed to support the following AMD desktop products:

Radeon® X1950 series
Radeon® X1900 series
Radeon® X1800 series
Radeon® X1600 series
Radeon® X1300 series
Radeon® X850 series
Radeon® X800 series
Radeon® X700 series
Radeon® X600 series
Radeon® X550 series
Radeon® X300 series
Radeon® 9800 series
Radeon® 9700 series
Radeon® 9600 series
Radeon® 9500 series

yeah in the release notes it says it doesnt support the 1950. they say to just use the ones that come on the cd for now.

Installed 6.11 on my X1950 Pro fine, runs great. AA works in Oblivion. GPU Folding also works, but uses 100% of one of my CPU cores. Release notes only say 1950 Pro isn't supported in software crossfire configs.

So how is this "software" crossfire thing supposed to work?? Thought you HAD to have the jankey cable deal????

umm, why isnt it installing? did the whole driver cleaner pro thing, and whenever I install it and restart windows i get that new hardware found-please install drivers junk.

Soft Crossfire benchmarks with two X1900XTX on a 975X board without the infamous External Cable:

Link

Should look for a similar config with Master/Slave/Dongle combo and compare the results. I suppose there should be a performance hit, just dont know how big.

I doubt that existing Master/Slave based Crossfire systems can get rid of their Cable but I am not sure. Seems highly unlikely that its going to work though.

Back