• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AS8 Temperature Reporting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bolillo_loco

Registered
Hello all, I have had this computer for two years now and I finally decided to flash the BIOS last night. I had the –11 revision bios dated 10/12/04 and the new BIOS are –18 dated from July 2005 I believe.

Here is my question, Prior to flashing the BIOS my Abit EQ would report 41C idle 62C full load. After flashing the BIOS it reports 30C idle and 55C load. Now I do understand that there was a revision in one of the updates that fixed an issue with temperature reporting, but to drop a full 10 or 11 degrees… It simply seems bogus to me, I haven’t seen temperatures like that since the PIII Tualatin days. Any opinions or ideas are welcome. Thank you, bolillo_loco

System specifications for this question.

P4 550 Prescott 3.4Ghz not over clocked cooled with Zalman 7700cu
Abit AS8
Enermax EG465

Since there are 4 120mm case fans, I would think that there is plenty of case ventilation via 4 120mm case fans.

P/S When checking the BIOS, it reports equally low temperatures.

Back